Latest posts by Mathias Amodu (see all)
- How To Apply INEC Recruitment for 2019 Elections in Nigeria - January 20, 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specifications and Price In Nigeria - January 11, 2019
- How to Check Airtel Data Plan - January 2, 2019
First let’s have some little definition of the word affiliate and affiliate marketing.
What is affiliate?
A person or organization officially attached to a larger body.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
1. Join only affiliate programs that you feel you can trust. Get to know the provider before you decide to offer their products. Do your research, find the best relevant product, and you’ll enjoy a much higher conversion rate, which means more money for you. Write a personal review backing the product to help promote it. When you believe in the product, writing the review won’t be that difficult and your visitors who trust you will take that into consideration and are more likely to buy.
2. You need to spend time focusing on building your traffic to your website. That means you need to do your SEO work so that your site ranks well organically in the search engines. Make sure you are following the rules outlined by the affiliate and do not breach any trademark policies that merchant has put into place. For example, many companies won’t let you bid on their brand name.
3. Make sure your website has some great content. Customers are not coming to your site to see ads. They are there to find out information about the product and to look at recommendations. Use both text links and banners and see which work the best on your website. Make your review promotional.
4. Make sure you are honest and disclose the affiliate relationship. This is required by the FTC – you must disclose that you are being compensated when your traffic clicks on an ad link and makes a purchase.
5. Take the time to do plenty of testing to see what works on your site and what doesn’t. Don’t be afraid to try to promote your product using different venues and programs. For example, try Facebook ads and Google ads to see which work best. Try different banner placements to see which works best. Try different ads. You get the idea.
6. Take the time to get to know your affiliate manager. They are there to help you and should be happy to review your site and give your some feedback about what you can do differently to be more successful.
7. Be patient. It takes time to grow your affiliate marketing business. But once it is established and running smoothly you will be able to enjoy the residual income it generates.
And there you have it!