However, if your website is trying to sell a product or CPA, you might benefit from running paid traffic tests. I like to use porn traffic popunders on products I develop. This allows me to test different layouts, prices, how the price is displayed, call to action buttons, and all sorts of WSO that I would not dream of doing with expensive traffic. Of course the traffic quality is extremely poor, but for some niches, you can still actually turn 1$ into 2$ as the end of the day, but more importantly, find the best conversion plan.
If this is not a good fit for your type of website, definitely follow the SEO guidelines and remember that content is key. You need to have a steady stream of content being added, preferably daily. Other than that, you can always try more mainstraim paid traffic options, such as adsense, which can be costly but very profitable and can be used on a larger scale as well. Most marketers look past paid traffic and only aim for the free traffic everyone is after, but in my mind, the point of being in business is to end my day with more sales rather than less, and often, using google for the marketing tool that it is with paid traffic, ends up being the best route to take.
A nofollow link is one that has had the rel=”nofollow” attribute applied to it, which instructs Google to not use that link when calculating the trust and authority of the page being linked to.Dofollow links, which have no attribute applied to them, and are used by Google in their ranking algorithm, are more valuable than nofollow links, however, a link profile with few nofollow links looks unnatural.You can see a near complete list of who is linking to your website from within your Google Webmaster Tools account.
Login, go to ’Traffic’ and then ‘Links’.
Backlinks affect search engine rankings more than anything else. The number and quality of them pointing towards your site will largely determine in what position your site ranks in the search results.You need to actively go out and seek backlinks. Your site will acquire some naturally, but if you need to catch up with more established competitors, and you want to rank highly, you need to be pro-active.
Just keep this list somewhere safe and follow them one after the other.
- Focus on long-tail keywords
- Start a forum on your website
- Start a Facebook group that drives traffic to your site
- Submit your blog posts to StumbleUpon
- Promote your blog posts to your email list
- Answer a HARO query
- Work on your headlines
- Join a blogging community like ProBlogger or CopyBlogger
- Include links to other relevant posts on your blog
- Guest post on relevant blogs
- Become a columnist or contributor on a well-known website
- Optimize your existing posts
- Demote irrelevant Google sitelinks
- Arrange an advertising swap
- Post more frequently
- Submit your posts to Reddit
- Mention influencers in your tweets
- Focus your energy on strategies that are working
- Build connections with others in your niche
- Make sure you have every relevant keyword you can think of on your site
- Create a top 10 website post
- Make the most of Facebook links
- Get on YouTube
- Add text to your blog post images
- Become a member of industry Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Connect with bloggers who are already sending you traffic
- Ask a well-known blogger to guest post on your site
- Respond to blog comments
- Add your blog to All top websites
- Answer Questions
- Write a Response Post
- Contact influential bloggers
- Make proper use of categories
- Write landmark posts
- Comment on industry blogs
- Interview influencers in your niche
- Share your blog posts regularly on Facebook
- hare your posts on Twitter
- Add your blog to Technorati