Latest posts by Mathias Amodu (see all)
- Realme U1 review: Premium glass & smooth selfie camera - December 8, 2018
- Mp3 Tags Editor With Voice Tag for WordPress Sites - December 6, 2018
- DStv App is Currently Available for Xbox One, Hisense TVs - December 5, 2018
HTML 5: Latest HTML standard, have strong support for Web 2.0 i.e not just text, but all kinds of media (audio, video, etc.) and also have great Form related options added to it recently.
HTML5 Introduced new tags such as <video>
You can get by with HTML4 still, but best to learn the new tags in HTML5
HTML 5 is nothing but the next version of HTML.
Following are the difference points
Audio and video were not part of previous HTML version specifications, however, both are the integral part of HTML5 specifications.
Vector graphics is also an integral part of HTML5 such as SVG and canvas while vector graphics is possible in HTML with the help of various technologies such as VML, Silverlight, Flash, etc.
In HTML, browser cache can be used as temporary storage. In case of HTML5, application cache, web SQL database, and web storage is used.
Elements of HTML are the basic building blocks of all websites. HTML allows images and objects to be embedded in the webpage.The core aims of HTML5 have been to ‘improve the language with support for the latest. XHTML markup must conform to the markup standards defined in a HTML DTD. So,
Some differences between HTML5 and XHTML:
- XHTML is hybrid between HTML and XML, whereas HTML5 is a version of HTML.
- XHTML and HTML are two different ways of representing markup.
- XHTML is almost identical to HTML 4.01. HTML5 is the latest version of HTML.
- In XHTML, all tags, once opened, must be closed. HTML is less strict.
- XHTML has some restrictions about what tags can be nested inside each other.
- XHTML is stricter version of HTML; HTML5 is an upgrade of HTML.
- XHTML uses XML parsing requirements. HTML uses its own.
- HTML does not have a well-formedness constraint, no errors are fatal. In XHTML, well-formedness errors are fatal.
- In HTML5, one does not need to manually declare the namespace.
- In HTML5, one does not need to add type attributes to script and style elements.
- In HTML5, one must use <!DOCTYPE html>, instead of a long doctype.
- In HTML5, the charset declaration is much simpler.
- In HTML5, one does not have a choice to include or not include a dtd uri in the doctype or a choice between transitional and strict.
- In HTML5, one can use embed if needed.
- XHTML 5 is the XML serialization of HTML 5.
- “[HTML 5] is intended to replace XHTML 1.0 as the normative definition of the XML serialization of the HTML vocabulary.”
XML: eXtensible Markup Language: It’s a more general way of storing/representing Data,
XHTML: Used to be standard for web, when all HTML was restricted to XML strict rules.