Latest posts by Mathias Amodu (see all)
- Ultimate Guide For Meta Description Settings For Your Blog - November 13, 2018
- MTNCall Tariff Plan: XtraPro & XtraSpecial - November 9, 2018
- How to Get More Likes, Comments and Shares on Facebook - November 5, 2018
Being a writer/blogger is not an easy task. Many Writers at one point or the other have encountered writer’s block which is a feeling of numbness in writing or churning out new articles. This is likened to a situation in which a Five Star general in the military is shooting blanks. You don’t know what to write, where to start from and how to present your writing.
Writer’s block is an anti-productivity phenomenon that prevents you from writing articles that “makes sense”. In order to avoid the practice of “copy and paste” but instead write unique articles, I have highlighted below three effective ways to overcome writer’s block:
1. Change your Environment: Most Writers are more disoriented when in a noisy environment which is characterized by chatters, music in the background, unpleasant sounds, or maybe disturbances in your neighbourhood. Try as much as possible to change your environment. Take a big walk and experience the natural serenity in a cool environment which can induce you in a good mode to start writing again. You can spot out a new location where you can write flawlessly.
2. Change Your Mood: Depression, happiness, sadness and other kinds of mood can affect the writer’s creativity in churning out new articles. Personally, I prefer being in a happy mood so I can write witty articles and excellently too! You cannot be in an angry mood and expect to write appealing posts which could be awkward. Engage in something lively maybe listen to cool music, play games, watch movies or any activity that can put you in a lively mood to write.
3. Outline and Write: Last but not the least, the most important thing to do when faced with a writer’s block is take a time out, rest/sleep whichever applies to you and when you wake up. Write an outline on your chosen topic and write on each segment even if you have to hit the “backspace” several times. You can augment the whole draft and improve upon it. Keep on writing and you would have overcome writer’s block.
Writer’s block is a temporary feeling and the best way to overcome it is to never give up on writing. When you write, you are expressing the flow of thinking going on your mind. Writing is a hobby as well as a habit; you can lose or improve upon it. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can get over the nightmare of every writer which is the writer’s block. I wish you good luck in your writing/blogging career.