Latest posts by Mathias Amodu (see all)
- How can you become a top casino online player? - February 11, 2019
- 3 Important Questions To Add To Online Customer Feedback Forms - February 9, 2019
- How To Apply INEC Recruitment for 2019 Elections in Nigeria - January 20, 2019
You can Borrow airtime on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and Etisalat Are you out of credit and still in need to make a call? Telecommunication networks make things easy for their subscribers by introducing “Airtime borrowing”. Airtime borrowing is the process of getting airtime in advance and it is payable on the next recharge with certain interest attached usually 10% interest.
MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and Globacom now allows the eligible customers access airtime on credit when their account balance is too low or if their account balance is less than ₦50.00.The airtime received on credit can be used for all chargeable activities on the networks. And this packedge is introduced to facilitate and simplify the means of communication for emergency purposes and other issues.
FOR MTN USERS
* MTN Extra time gives MTN subscribers [only] the privilege to borrow airtime for their mtn sim cards.
* The subscribers must have used their sim cards for at least 12 months. Less than 12 months on the network will make your sim card ineligible.
* Subscribers must load at least N500 on their sim card within a month ( mainly with 30days on the day). Anything less will make the subscriber ineligible to borrow.
How to borrow
Dial this ussd code *606# and you will see options like this
Type 2 and press send to borrow airtime.
If you press 2 to borrow airtime, you will see an option to select how much you want to borrow.
Note: MTN Nigeria charges a whooping total of 10% on the amount borrowed. This means that the subscriber will get 90% of the amount borrowed while MTN get the 10%. Eg If you borrow N100 MTN will charge you N10 instantly while you have N90, N200 borrowed will get you N180 while MTN will take N20 vice versa.
* Any subscriber with outstanding debt will not be eligible to borrow until the outstanding debt is cleared.
FOR GLO USERS
To borrow some certain amount of airtime from Glo Network, below are some guideline to eligibility.
* Minimum amount to be borrowed is ₦50 while the maximum amount per borrow is ₦1000
* The minimum time to be on the network to borrow from Glo is 4 months while it is require to be on network for 12 months to borrow ₦1000
* It is required to recharge at least ₦200 to the previous month before you can borrow ₦50
₦400 the previous month before you will be allowed to borrow ₦100
₦800 before you can borrow ₦200
₦2000 before you can borrow ₦500
₦5000 before you can borrow ₦1000
How to Borrow
Step 1: Create a 4 digits pin. On your Glo sim, dial *321# then create a 4 digit pin of your choice e.g 4242
Step 2: Borrow the airtime. Dial *321*pin*amount you want to borrow#.
Example: To borrow ₦50 Dial – *321*pin*50#
To borrow ₦100 Dial – *321* pin*100#
To borrow ₦200 Dial – *321* pin*200#
To borrow ₦500 Dial – *321* pin*500#
To borrow ₦1000 Dial – *321* pin*1000#
Note: you will be chare 10% interest, That is, if you request for N200 credit, your phone will be credited with N180 while N20 goes to Glo as their service charge.
Read also: Glo cheapest tariff plan ever
FOR ETISALAT USERS
As other telecommunications network do, you would not borrow airtime unless if you are qualified to certain criteria on Etisalat Without using up to N450 or more on Etisalat Nigeria network in the last 90days, you won’t be eligible for this service to borrow credit.
Check your eligibility to borrow
send “STATUS” to 665, you would get a text confirming whether your line is eligible or not.
How to borrow
If you are eligible then
FOR AIRTEL USERS
Customers will be required to repay the credit loan within three days. The airtime can be used to make calls to other networks.
This service is open to all subscribers who have been on the Airtel network for at least three months.
How to borrow
you can ask questions regarding to this post if you have any.
Don”t forget to share.