Latest posts by Mathias Amodu (see all)
- How To Apply INEC Recruitment for 2019 Elections in Nigeria - January 20, 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specifications and Price In Nigeria - January 11, 2019
- How to Check Airtel Data Plan - January 2, 2019
Realme U1 Review Specifications
3.3-inch IPS dewdrop display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2340 x 1080 pixels, octa-core Helio P70, 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB storage, dedicated microSD slot, 13MP + 2MP dual rear camera, 25MP front camera, rear fingerprint scanner, 4G with VoLTE, Android 8.1, Face unlock, 3,500mAh, 168 grams
Premium glass finish, large screen with small notch, great daily and gaming performance, excellent battery life, fantastic selfie camera, fast face unlock
Quick to pick up smudges, low light camera performance, portrait mode is iffy with spectacles, no notification LED, L3 DRM means no HD streaming
History of Realme U1
Launched their first phone in May 2018. This was quickly followed up by three more phones: Realme 2, Realme 2 Pro and Realme C1. Now, the company has launched another device aimed at selfie enthusiasts.
About Realme U1
The Realme U1 is currently the cheapest phone to offer a 25MP front camera for selfies. The camera sensor is a Sony IMX576 — the same is used on the Oppo F7 which is almost double the price of the U1. Realme calls it their Selfie Pro camera and it has a f2.0 aperture, AI beauty, HDR, bokeh effect and super vivid effect in the interface.
About Realme U1 Camera
The camera takes selfies with good amount of details and natural colours outdoors as well as indoors. In low light, there is lack of detail, but we found the selfies to be good enough for sharing on social media. The bokeh effect is good and the edge detection is also good compared to the competition. However, we noticed that the edge detection does not work very well if you wear spectacles — it often blurs out the edges of the spectacles while taking a photo. Hopefully, Realme can fix this with software updates.
About Realme U1 Finger Print
A few other things we liked on the Realme U1 include the quick fingerprint scanner, fast face unlock, handy sidebar in the UI and the loud speaker. What we did not like was the lack of a notification LED light, no support for WiFi ac and that Realme still does not allow app notification icons on the top bar. All said and done, the U1 has a number of firsts at this asking price. At Rs 11,999 onwards, the Realme U1 is a good option for selfie lovers who want a modern looking device. However, it has a few issues with camera performance that need to be fixed soon. At a lower price (Rs 9,999), you can consider the Redmi Y2, Honor 9N and the Infinix Note 5 — all three offer a 16MP front camera with good performance.
Optimized for Full Acceleration
Allocate resources to increase real-time performance on a system level. Multi-scenario and multi-solution.
Deliver optimized performance and stabilize the frame rate at 60fps.
Realme U1 review
1. The length of screen diagonal is 6.32 inches when the four rounded corners on the screen are stretched into right angles (the actual size is smaller).
2. Realme U1 uses MediaTek Helio P70 processor. The optimization data is based on lab tests compared to test scenarios involving the P60 from MediaTek.
3. 3GB+32GB version can not open Super vivid 2.0 and AI Beauty+ at the same time.
4. 3500mAh is typical battery values for Realme U1. The battery life in each usage occasion may vary according to different actual situations.
5. AI face recognition process of Facial Unlock can be done in 0.1 seconds. It doesn’t include the time to active a bright screen and camera before face recognition.
6. Product pictures are for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Certain product specifications and descriptions may change due to reasons like changes in suppliers. Please refer to the actual product. The data in the page came from the designed technical parameters by our company, and test data from the laboratories and from our suppliers. In actual circumstances, the data will differ slightly, depending on the test software version, specific testing environment, and specific version.